COVID-19 New Policies and Procedures
To Our Valued Patients,
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. and because of that our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) the U.S.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies' recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- To maximize social distancing, we will be spacing out appointment times to prevent unnecessary patient interaction.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car and call our office at 630-236-6300 upon arrival. We will then direct you on when you should enter the office.
- We ask that you wear a face mask or face covering before entering the office. If you do not have a mask, we will bring one out to you for a charge of $1.00.
- Please arrive as close to your appointment time as possible to help us limit the number of patients in our office at any given time.
- Please enter the office alone if possible, unless a parent/guardian will be accompanying a minor of for an individual who needs special assistance. Once the patient is taken back, we ask that you remain in your car and we will call you once the patient is ready.
- Prior to your appointment we will call you to confirm your appointment and review a pre-screening questionnaire over the phone. If you are not feeling well, please call our office so that we can reschedule your appointment.
- You will notice several changes upon arrival as we are following the guidelines of the of the CDC, ADA OSHA and IDPH such as: Symptom and travel questionnaire, temperature assessment, fewer patients in the waiting area, use of patient gowns, air purifiers and additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for our dental team for both your protection and ours.
- We ask that you use the hand sanitizer that we have provided at the front desk as soon as you arrive.
- You will find that our waiting area furniture has been rearranged. You will also notice other changes made to the front desk area to ensure the health and well-being of our patients and our team as they arrive and leave.
- WE LOVE OUR PATIENTS! We also love to chat with you at your appointment. Please understand that we will need to limit our casual conversations to allow for social distancing, running on time and the timely disinfection of treatment chairs and sterilization of instruments.
These are just a few of the new protocols we have adopted to help keep you and our dental team safe and comfortable.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for your continued patronage.
Yours in Health,
Dr. Patel and Staff